Our private equity business is focused on acquiring high-quality businesses with barriers to entry and enhancing their cash flow capabilities by improving strategy and execution.
We apply our global investing and operational expertise to create value, and partner closely with management teams to enable long-term success through operational and other improvements.
is much more then just another cryptocurrency or a wallet.
Today we build on that expertise in sectors where our operating experience gives us a competitive advantage. Experience has also taught us that the best opportunities are often found in regions or sectors undergoing periods of financial or operational challenge. We utilize our global team of investment professionals, and our industry partners to identify and acquire high-quality assets and businesses at favorable valuations and finance them on a long-term, low-risk basis.
To ensure that our interests are aligned with our investors’, we put our own capital to work alongside theirs in nearly every deal we do, bringing the strengths of our global reach, large-scale capital and operating expertise to bear on all our investments.
We started as owners and operators of real assets, and as our business has evolved, we continue to use our operational expertise to enhance cash flows, increase the value of our underlying assets and produce solid long-term returns for our investors
Around the world, we operate long-term assets and businesses across the globe. This approach dictates both our investment strategy and our commitment to environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices. We believe that value creation and sustainable development are complementary goals. Throughout our operations, we are committed to practices that have a positive impact on the communities in which we operate.
Our ESG principles are embedded throughout our operations and help us ensure that our business model will be sustainable well into the future.
- Employee well-being: Meet or exceed all applicable labor laws and standards in jurisdictions where we operate, which includes respecting human rights, offering competitive wages and implementing nondiscriminatory, fully inclusive hiring practices.
- Health & safety: Aim to have zero serious safety incidents within our businesses by working toward implementing consistent health and safety principles across the organization.
- Community engagement: Engage with community groups that might be affected by our actions to ensure that their interests, safety and well-being are appropriately integrated into our decision-making.
- Philanthropy: Empower our employees to participate in—and use our resources to give back to—the communities in which we operate.
- Environmental stewardship: Strive to minimize the environmental impact of our operations and improve our efficient use of resources over time.
- Governance, ethics, and fairness: Operate with high ethical standards by conducting business activities in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and with our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Transparency: Be accessible to our investors and stakeholders by being responsive to requests for information and timely in our communication.
In our due-diligence process for all of our potential investments, we use both internal experts and outside consultants as well as different ESG frameworks to identify material ESG factors. This analysis includes everything from ensuring environmental, legal, and regulatory compliance to the identification of opportunities to add value and mitigate risk in our portfolio of companies. Our investment teams are using an ESG due-diligence questionnaire to ensure that all potential risks and opportunities have been considered.
All investments made by an Effects Investment fund must be approved by the fund’s Investment Committee. Investment teams provide a detailed memorandum to the committee that outlines the merits of the transaction, as well as disclosures relating to risks, including any material ESG issues and potential mitigation strategies.
Once a company is acquired, we create a tailored integration plan to ensure that all material ESG-related matters are prioritized. ESG risks and opportunities are updated regularly and actively managed by the portfolio companies, with guidance from our in-house teams. This allows us to draw upon local expertise and share best practices across the organization.
Who benefits from private equity? It is the investors—the pensioners in a public or private pension fund, or the foundation that relies on high returns to continue operations. It is the companies that are made stronger, more valuable or more able to compete. And it is the 8 million people who are employed by a U.S.-based company backed by private equity. Effects Investment LLC delivers the same added value within the UAE/MENA region /Europe and parts of Asia.
Our approach to investing stems from our heritage as an owner and operator, investing our own capital to develop and operate the assets and businesses we acquire.
We know our business. We’ve been direct investing for over 20 years. We specialize in construction, software, industrials and business services globally.
We are proactive owners and asset managers. We work in close collaboration with management teams to accelerate growth. We take pride in adding value.
We embrace opportunities for organic growth and expansion, through operational improvements, long-term capital injections and M&A.
We are always working to maintain sound governance practices to ensure ongoing investor confidence. This involves a continual review of how evolving legislation, guidelines and best practices should be reflected in our approach. For example, we have a zero-tolerance approach to bribery, including facilitation payments, and all Brookfield employees are mandated to complete an in-depth anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) training seminar annually. We also require all portfolio companies in which we have a controlling interest to adopt an ABC policy that is equally stringent to Effects Investment’s, which entails that portfolio companies install an ethics hotline within six months of acquisition.